The blockchain-based game The Sandbox reported a major security breach at the company, causing a scare among its users. An unauthorized third party had gained access to an employee's computer and used it to send a malicious phishing email to its users.
The email was titled "The Sandbox Game (PURELAND) Access" and contained links to malware that could be used to steal personal information from the recipients. It is unknown how many people received the email.
The Sandbox said it notified all recipients of the email and reset the passwords of the employee's account that was compromised.
Unfortunately, The Sandbox has been subject to high-value phishing scams over the past few months. For example, a scammer called Monkey Drainer was able to steal around $1.8 million worth of crypto NFTs across two hacks last year.
The Sandbox is urging its users to be vigilant and report any suspicious emails they receive. The company is taking all steps necessary to ensure the safety of its users.
- The Sandbox reported a security breach that led to phishing emails being sent out.
- The email contained links to malware that could be used to steal personal information.
- The Sandbox notified all recipients and reset the employee's account password.
- The company has been subject to multiple high-value phishing scams in recent months.
- The Sandbox is taking all necessary steps to ensure the safety of its users.
The blockchain-based game The Sandbox reported a security breach that led to phishing emails being sent to its users. The company is taking all steps necessary to protect its users and is urging them to be vigilant against possible scams.